Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Need for this blog - Presenting the freeriding bible

A few days back one of my friends in the FMS 2012 batch called me up and asked for some industry reports that could help her in completing her Pre Session Assignment. Immediately, I remembered about the way some of my batchmates completed their PSA’s (Ronak in 5 hrs, Kashish in 2 hrs without the use of internet) and got super emotional. I thought “What has happened to this generation?? Even trained engineers of DCE NSIT cant freeride one assignment. Huh.” I then realized that they don’t have a proper guide where they can learn the awesome art of freeriding. You have gurus for everything – MBA guru, Love guru, sex guru, Guru octopus but no freeriding guru.
We were a blessed generation who could easily maintain a perfect work life balance by professionally freeriding all events – even placements let alone PSA. I thought that it is the duty of our generation to pass on the knowledge we garnered in those two years of amazing MBA life to our juniors. Immediately, I thought about registering this IP address. I have put all my earlier blog entries here. The posts below are guides towards completing a super successful MBA without breaking a sweat. They are a work of fact and all characters from whom they are inspired were real gems. Its awesomeness can be judged from the fact that I am using the experience even now in office – As I write this, we are supposed to be working on a case study. My team sitting right next to me is thinking that I am diligently making notes on the case.
I sincerely hope that this collection would come in handy to all future MBA and engineering students. To become an expert free rider you will need to go through each entry of the entire blog religiously. So best of luck to all and welcome to the world of freeriding.

Altruism apart there were other reasons to separate the two blogs (one where I write general things and other reserved for public humiliation of my friends) like –
1. My friends felt I was embarrassing them too much on a public forum and had started threatening me. One of my favourite characters pITCHman whose crush is now married blames me for his failed love affair. He feels that had I not publicly announced his love affair, he had a chance. Another one of them DJ feels I tarnished his “sharif” image by declaring him as a “kamina” and “tharki”. I learn that DJ has even contacted goons to set me straight as I am hiding in my company accommodation in Mumbai.
2. I thought earlier that my blog is read only by my best friends (on whom I force it by pinging them the links) and facebook addicts with nothing else to do. But readership stats tell me that my followers have reached an all time high and being a celebrity its my duty to keep my personal life (first blog) personal…..(Ok, now that’s exaggerating )
3. As stress increases in everybody’s life, the art of impressing people by your hardwork without moving an inch will be the most important talent anybody can possess. Some yogi, tantric, guru or expert will then desperately need this IP to sell his gyaan. I plan to earn billion dollars by selling this to the future freeriding guru.

2 comments:

  1. How is your friend doing post Induction fortnight :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. (S)He is doing pretty well.. (this is first hand info) :)

    ReplyDelete